Andy Carroll hopes his club record move to West Ham United will help him cement a place in the England squad ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. The 24-year-old forward has finalised what is understood to have been a club record £15.5m deal, plus a further £2m in add-ons, from Liverpool after passing a medical.
- 1 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 4 Exclusive: Newcastle's star talent-spotter on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout
- 5 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats